Saturday, February 28, 2015

D.E.S.I.G.N. and Tons of Tiny

Hello hello,

Since the last update I've been working on the Mucha patterns, monochrome Eumelia, sorting through my DMC thread (just missing a handful of colors now), the piece I'm about to display for you now, and various other projects about the house. March should prove to be the end for each of these projects and the beginning of another set. Mom has also bought up a couple bunches of pendants for me to use as focal pieces in jewelry creation.

This is the piece that I mentioned many moons ago, the one that came with all but the pattern, and have been shifting around my room since I started it. I could've had it done in a much speedier time frame if I'd set my mind to it, but I didn't, and so now here we are!

I'm counting this piece for Tons of Tiny since it has a stitch area of 92 x 128.

This is also my submission for D.E.S.I.G.N. which is about featuring the designer. 
What project are you working on this month? - Beautiful Bird from Dimensions Gold Collection Petites with an uncredited designer. I suspect, since design resembles many of the Dimensions Gold patterns, that they are somehow related. It may be Lena Liu as the designer since it is similar.

Have you stitched a project by this designer before? Dimensions, yes, often.

Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not? Absolutely, Dimensions is one of my favorite companies. I am bothered so many of these don't credit the designer though, it makes it harder to find the same style that I like.

What made you choose this particular design/designer? It was originally bought sometime around 2006 for my cousin Amelia so that she could cross-stitch with me. It went in her closet never to see the light of day again until June 2014 when I reclaimed it.

Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others? Not particularly. Many Dimensions kits have this "feel" to them. 
 
Changes I made to this pattern include small changes like using dark rainbow seed beads for the head feathers to large changes like changing the colors of the tail altogether. I didn't stitch the Asian symbols on the bottom, I changed the backstitching around the butterfly, and I didn't do the backstitching in the far away tree leaves at all. The majority of these 5x7 inches is half stitching.

And that does it for my stitching event duty! Back to pattern creation.
Pinky
Ashley Mae

3 comments:

  1. I love this peacock! It's wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really pretty and if you hadn't mentioned the size, I would have thought it was much bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little peacock! I think it's sad that the big companies often forget to credit their designers and sometimes even the artists; they should know better than that!

    ReplyDelete