This month has cascaded from a couple set aside plans to a lot getting done. My closet pile is now two pieces smaller, my grandpa got remarried, the second bead dress of the year was finished, the Barbie prototype is getting her skirt, my pattern work on Glasmond's piece is starting, oh... and that's right, I'm now PUBLISHED in a magazine!! Four pages all to myself! I can't contain my happiness, and though I'm sure it's been over a hundred times already, I'm going to thank Katie Dean of Bead Flowers again... it's just way too incredible. You can find me in the June/July 2015 issue number 63.
I'll start by covering my May submission for Tons of Tiny and D.E.S.I.G.N..
It counts for Tons of Tiny at just 82 x 100 stitches. It's also for sale on Etsy with 50% being donated to Tigers in America.
Have you stitched a project by this designer before? Yes! Dimensions and I have a long running relationship it would seem. As usual for them though they haven't seemed to credit the actual pattern designer anyplace for me to find.
Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not? To be truthful I'm not sure I want to buy more Dimensions kits simply because I have so many other things to do, but I'm sure I'll end up buying more anyway since they have such a massive catalog of pretty things.
What made you choose this particular design/designer? This kit has been sitting in my closet for a handful of years. I'm not entirely sure when I got it but the kit itself is from 2001. I've just been trying to "Tackle That Stash", as it were.
Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others? It had a really outrageous set of finishing instructions that I didn't bother with since I hated doing it the first time on the butterfly.
Okay, real quick for the other things because I've been putting off blogging because of how long it takes me to do. Did you know it's already been two hours I've been sitting here finding the correct links and resizing the images to upload with my poor internet speed? Yes!
Glasmond's Between Day and Night is going pretty nicely if I do say so myself. I'm working on it in the opposite order I did Hannah-Alexander's Mucha Girls: colors first, outlines later. This means progress pictures look absolutely ridiculous and I'm not sharing them yet but trust me, it'll come out.
Monochrome Eumelia finally stopped sitting on my desk and taunting me every day as I worked on other projects. Behold her sparkly nature! She'll be for sale some day via my Etsy store; I'm currently holding her back in hope to use her in my second round of jurying for the local art club.
Here's the current photo for Test Subject Barbie's dress. Just about eight hours of work and I'm fairly pleased with the results. I've detailed a lot of this on my Facebook page so head on over there if you want to read up on it. Also: yeah, she has a bag on her head because I don't have miniature hair nets and needed to protect her while I worked.
Phew! Until next time then. This would've been much less exhausting if I'd been keeping up with posts instead of skipping weekends.