This week marks the finalization of the time consuming project I started in January! With 263 hours of stitching and 26.5 hours of beading, a total of 289.5 hours, it's finally all come together. I'm saying "mostly" at the top because I want to figure out a saying / phrase / quote to go along the bottom with my signature. It was quite the journey with many progress photos along the way, but all my patience has paid off!
|I'm smiling back there, I swear!|
With the last pieces coming into place I went back to station #1 (in front of the laptop in my room) to do some pattern designing and work on some biscornu prototypes. Not the best idea I ever had, to be honest. I gathered up all my patterns and then realized after two (or three?) weeks of doing nothing but cross-stitch that I wouldn't be able to calmly work on designing a biscornu's folding.
Before I left for station #2 (my work table in front of the TV), I started work on a custom collaboration pattern between me and GraniteFire. Originally we had planned on GF creating a lady wearing a dress made of wine, and I had all sorts of ideas to make the dress in silk and metallic threads and her hair lined with silvers and golds. We ran into a sort of road block though since liquid is very difficult to shade and I believe the project is mostly abandoned since April.
When I got over to station #2 I started up on a dress I thought would originally be for myself, but am thinking it may have the possibility of being sold to a local shop in town come October. The shop is really pretty and really pink - just my kind of place!
I'm revisiting the first five-inch-tall bead dress I ever did and she remains one of the most time consuming patterns I have. The bodice took six hours! I'm now at ten hours as I post this and I haven't yet reached the lacey sections of the skirt!
Until next week,