I was gone for the first half of the week helping my cousin clean up a deep, mysterious closet that she's been shoving random things into for the past several years. We filled three full bags of trash and killed a more-than-my-nightmares-will-enjoy amount of spiders along the way. I did manage to get a peacock Dimensions Gold Collections kit out of the deal, along with a small box of thread, so that's going to be in the mix some day too.
Since I got back I've been working on my modified Mirabilia's Dressmaker's Daughter:
|Thirty-Seven and a Half hours progress|
Doing the background, which is to say all that orange and the flowers around it, brought me up to 37.5 hours. Yup! That's just the background time! You would think I would be used to the background eating up over half the actual stitch time on these dresses, but no, no...
These next four shots are timed as part of the whole, but I don't know what the particular time is for each of them. I prefer to take my pictures when a whole color is done so that the full progress is very visible... in this case it took a bit of doing before, I think, it was really able to be seen. Of course I chose the blue "5"'s on the chart next before I realized they were the main portion of the dress, which left this - my Sunday update - a bit unfinished, and nearly over my Sunday deadline!
So I leave you with a final photo that will be unposted everywhere else, which is to say I'm not done with my blue 5's and won't post an "official" progress shot until they are done!
|Forty-Seven Hours Progress|